Appalachia Service Project (ASP)
July 17-23rd, 2022
Cost: $150 (make checks payable to Riverside UMC)
Who can go?
Middle School youth who have finished 6th grade and all Sr. Highers can go as youth volunteers.
College Students can go as adult volunteers or co-leaders.
Adults can go as leaders or co-leaders.
You do not need to have any construction experience to go on ASP. We learn as we go, and will place new beginners with experienced ASP volunteers to ensure that every team is equipped to succeed.
- 7am wake-up, get ready, breakfast
- 8am get your supplies, make your lunches, and pack the vans
- 9-4ish work at the jobsite
- 4-6pm head back to the center get your showers; fill out your job binders
- 6pm dinner
- 7pm evening gathering
- 8-10:30 free time
- 10:30pm lights out
- 11pm quiet time
- Go to https://asphome.org/volunteer/groupmembers/
- Read the information on that page, then click on Join Your Group
- Enter group code: 12834 (double check that it says Riverside United Methodist Church)
- Click Join This Group and fill out the form
- Go back to https://asphome.org/volunteer/groupmembers/
- Fill out Volunteer Trip Agreement and Medical Form (MUST BE NOTARIZED)
- Turn in Volunteer Trip Agreement and Medical Form to office by July 3rd.