Sunday Mornings 10:30am-11:30am
at Riverside UMC
Sunday Mornings during the school year.
There will not be a registration fee and there is no need to sign-up beforehand.
Parents will be asked to fill out a short form the first time kids come to Awana so that we have your information on file for emergencies.
KEEPING SAFE AT AWANA
- We will be checking temperatures of both the kids and the leaders every Sunday morning, and asking anyone with a temperature above 100 to head on home for some rest.
- Mask wearing and social distancing will be enforced, along with thorough sanitizing and frequent hand-washing.
- All of our leaders have received safe sanctuary training and have a background check on file, and all will be trained on our new Covid-era protocols as well.
- We are committed to keeping our kids safe as we grow together spiritually!
Awana is both a highly relational and highly scriptural program, and has three main components:
- Large Group Time: children will participate in worship and experience an interactive Bible message tailored specifically to them. Each week we will have a Captain to lead our Large Group Time.
- Small Group Time: children will break into age-based groups where they dive into biblical truth with their leaders, discuss the meaning and application of Scripture, and share verses they’ve memorized. Small Group Time establishes a foundation for understanding the Bible and growing in community with other Christians.
- Activity Time: It’s fun, it’s high-energy, it’s game time! Our games leaders have plenty of games we can play while staying socially distanced and keeping safe!
Sparks is our program for Kindergarten– 2nd Grade, and ignites the curiosity of kids to learn about the people and events of the entire Bible, building a foundation of wisdom for knowing Christ.
Truth and Training (T&T) is our program for 3rd-5th grade, and engages children by answering their questions about God and the Bible while guiding them to grow in Christ’s love and live out their faith.
Cubbies is for kids aged 3.5 and up but who are not yet in Kindergarten are invited to join our Cubbies group! Cubbies will follow an age-appropriate curriculum that is fun and engaging, and that helps them learn all about God’s love through scripture!
Please feel free to reach out with any questions/comments/concerns, etc.
Awana Program Director: Jenna Link
614-558-8498 (cell); firstname.lastname@example.org (email)