All Are Welcome
Our goal as a youth group is to figure out together what it means to be disciples of Christ, and to follow what Jesus laid out as the two greatest commandments: love God, and love your neighbor. We are committed to being a supportive community that strives to hold one another up and walk alongside one another in faith.
In-Person Youth Events and Activities
YOUTH FELLOWSHIP, 2nd and 4th Sunday Evenings each month from 5:30-7pm
Youth Fellowship is a time for us to gather to share a meal, some fellowship, and a devotional. All youth grades 6-12 are invited to join us on Sunday Evenings, and we encourage you to bring friends! We are currently meeting in the Fellowship Hall so we can keep everyone socially-distanced, and ask that you wear a mask.
SCHEDULE FOR UPCOMING YF MEETINGS
- October 25th – Faith over Fear: Escape-room style game where we will become a group of disciples trying to escape the Roman guards!
- November 8th – Create: We will do some painting and talk about how we are created in the image of God, which grants us the ability to take part as creators in God’s creation.
- November 22nd – Thankfulness: We will participate in the service activity of putting up the Advent Christmas Trees, and focus on how we can show our thankfulness to God through service.
- December 13th – Christmas Party: We will have our annual gingerbread house decorating contest, talk about the story of Jesus’ birth, and play some games
- January 10th – Stillness: For many of us, things seem to slow down around this time of the year. The holidays are over, and spring sports are a ways away. How do we take advantage of the quieter seasons in our year? We will practice Christian Meditation.
- January 24th – Battle: We will take a look at how the Holy Spirit will go to battle for us if we surrender to God’s will in our lives. We will also have a large Nerf-gun battle.
- February 14th – Love: What are the different types of Love we experience in our lives, and how does God’s love for us compare to our love for other people/places/things?
- February 28th – Leap of Faith: This isn’t a leap year, but every day is a good day to take a leap of Faith. The Fellowship Hall will be transformed into an obstacle course- come ready to take a few good leaps!
- March 14th – Lucky: As we approach St. Patrick’s Day, we are reminded of different charms that can bring us luck- such as finding a 4 leaf clover. What is the difference between being lucky and being blessed? What charms in our lives show us that we are blessed? We will have a scavenger hunt.
- March 28th – Palm Sunday: We will film our Sunrise Service video to put on the Church’s you-tube channel early Easter morning.
- April 11th – Resurrection: An empty tomb brings us fullness of life. How do we live out our eternal lives in the here and now?
- April 25th – Prayer and Planning: Prayer can be an important part of our planning. We will talk about how to prayerfully plan for the future in all facets of our life, and how to dream big while planning smart.
- May 9th – End of the School Year Party: Outdoor cookout and games!
Sunday School, 9am on Sunday Mornings
All youth grades 6-12 are invited to join us for Sunday School every week at 9am during out traditional service. We will spend time discussing scripture, and enjoy some fellowship as well. Social-distancing and mask-wearing are being utilized to keep everyone safe.
Online Devotionals and Videos
- Peace – March 22nd, 2020
- Salt and Light – March 29th, 2020
- Palm Sunday- April 5th, 2020
- The Empty Tomb- April 12th, 2020
- Thomas – April 19th, 2020
- Anchored Hope – April 26th, 2020
- Compassion – May 3rd, 2020
- The Light is Shining – May 10th, 2020
- Live in Harmony – May 17th, 2020
- Pentecost – May 31st, 2020