|1. God commands us to put Him first in all aspects of our lives, and to worship Him authentically, truthfully, and continually by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Exodus 20:3, Matthew 22:37-38,
2. Seeking to understand the Bible and obeying its teaching is essential for every disciple of Jesus Christ.
John 8:31, John 14:23-24,
2 Timothy 3:16-17, Hebrews 4:12
3. We believe that prayer is the essential connection with God for the power to transform individuals and the community.
Acts 2:42, Ephesians 6:18, James 5:13-16,
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, Philippians 4:6
4. In all circumstances the Holy Spirit gives us strength and guidance to follow Jesus.
John 14:25-26, John 16:13-15,
5. To be a disciple of Jesus Christ means to accept him as Lord and Savior and to become like Him.
Philippians 2:1-11, John 5:24,
John 13:34-35, John 14:15-21
6. Every person is a valued creation of God to be loved as Christ loves us.
John 3:16, John 15:12,
Genesis 1:26-27, Matthew 22:37-39
|7. To grow spiritually we must be a safe community filled with God’s grace where all can openly share anything without fear.
Romans 12:17-19, Romans 15:5-7,
Philippians 2:1-2, Titus 3:1-3
8. To grow as a disciple we need to be in a regular, authentic, accountable relationship with other disciples.
Mark 3:14-15, Acts 2:44-47,
Acts 20:20, Matthew 18:20
9. God calls us to lovingly and prayerfully resolve conflict according to the Bible and the example of Jesus.
Matthew 18:15-17, Ephesians 4:25-26
10. Because we are devoted to Jesus Christ we are called to serve Him using our gifts to serve others.
Romans 12:4-8, Ephesians 4:11-13
11. We are commanded to seek God’s justice for all people including those who are poor, needy, or victims of injustice.
Isaiah 1:17-20, Micah 6:8
12. Because the Gospel transforms lives, we are called to live and share it without shame or apology.
Matthew 28:19, 2 Thessalonians 2:14,
2 Timothy 1:8, Romans 1:16